Pembroke, MA • Management Position • Reports To Store Manager
We are seeking an Assistant Manager to join our Pembroke Team!
As a member of management, you'll enjoy the benefits of:
- Work/Life balance with store closing of 8pm at the latest
- 401K employer match
- Liberal store discount
- Company paid 20K Basic Life
- Company paid 20K AD&D
- Company paid LTD coverage
The Assistant Store Manager is to oversee the daily retail operations, insure the highest standards of Helpful customer service, and direct those projects and responsibilities assigned and delegated by the Store Manager.
- Open and close the store
- Safety and security, as assigned
- Knowledge of overall store policies, procedures and goals
- Knowledge of management responsibilities and ability to “fill in” as needed for the Store Manager
- Oversee the tasks assigned and delegated to the various store team members
- Training of store personnel
- Supervise in store personnel to insure optimum performance and amazing customer service
- Assist in maintaining an accurate Inventory
- General housekeeping, and be able keep the store in a safe condition for Team members and Customers.
- Shop the competition monthly
- Participate and sometimes lead the monthly store meetings
- Oversee inventory order placement
- Oversee inventory receiving and store stocking
- Achieve sales and productivity goals as established by the Store Manager including keeping gross margin at acceptable levels
- Maintain a safe working condition of store equipment and fixtures
- Set a positive example by following company procedures
- Develop promotions to increase store traffic.
- Ensure that end-caps, cross merchandising and feature displays are properly merchandised and maintained
- Demonstrate Helpful customer service, by greeting and assisting customers on the sales floor
- Resolve customer claims and complaints in a manner that is timely, courteous and discreet
- Authorize refunds in a manner that is consistent with company policy
- Work with the processing of weekly hot sheets and price adjustments ensuring store bin tagging completed in a timely manner
- Attend and assist with mandatory monthly store meetings
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the store manager.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated success supervising others in a retail environment and contributing to sales volume including, but not limited to personal salesmanship and “soft” suggestive selling.
Must be able to read and interpret documents; speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Should be able to calculate figures and amounts and apply basic concepts of math.
Should be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; also be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must have knowledge of retail computer systems, electronic cash registers, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook. Knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce and Epicor Eagle a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
This job has supervisory responsibilities including overseeing the tasks assigned and delegated by the Store Manager to the various store team members as well as supervising in-store personnel to insure optimum performance and amazing customer service.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Flexible hours of availability are required due to the demands of the retail environment.
Physical Demands: The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
- Lifting at least 7 to 10 lbs on a routine basis; lifting may exceed 40 lbs in certain instances;
- Bending, climbing and twisting are routine; the position requires the ability to retrieve, stock, and move product;
- Manual dexterity; working with cash registers and computers, assembly of some products
- The ability to see and read product labels, dispense product knowledge, and communicate with our customer base.
- Ability to stand and walk store consistently for up to 4 hours or more at a time.
- Ability to physically use a scanner to scan all merchandise and to use Point of Sale keyboard for all transactions.
- Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store.