Randolph, MA • Associate Position • Reports To Store Manager
We are seeking a part-time Cashier/Sales Associate! COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
This is responsible for maintaining helpful customer service, processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently and performing cash register operations. It is also responsible for the operations of our store and plays a key role in providing Amazing customer service by engaging the customer and determining their needs and project requirements.
- Ability to combine amazing customer service with strong sales skills;
- Perform all tasks in the store including such activities as cashiering, product placement, receiving of merchandise, processing shipments and/or store stocking, store cleanliness, sales, and operating equipment;
- Work with management team to achieve established sales and productivity goals;
- Assisting in maintaining the good working condition of store equipment;
- Work with management to develop and execute ideas and activities to increase store traffic;
- Ensure that end-caps, dump bins and feature displays are properly merchandised and maintained;
- Ensure each customer receives amazing service which follows the Helpful Customer Service behaviors and mystery shop standards
- Greet customers as they enter the store
- Answer phone calls
- Maintain awareness of all promotions and advertisements
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and maintain all cash at registers
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies stocked
- Solicit customers to open an Ace Rewards card
- Issuing receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers
- Attend mandatory monthly store meetings
Other responsibilities as assigned by store management.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
No experience or formal education required. Experience in a retail environment a plus.
Must be able to read and interpret documents; speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Should be able to calculate figures and amounts and apply basic concepts of math.
Should be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; also be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must have ability to process information and/or merchandise though a register system. Must have knowledge of retail computer systems, electronic cash registers and Microsoft Word. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Epicor Eagle a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Flexible hours of availability are required due to the demands of the retail environment.
The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
- Lifting at least 7 to 10 lbs on a routine basis; lifting may exceed 40 lbs in certain instances;
- Bending, climbing and twisting are routine; the position requires the ability to retrieve, stock, and move product;
- Manual dexterity; working with cash registers and computers, assembly of some products; ability to quickly make appropriate change for customers
- The ability to see and read product labels, dispense product knowledge, and communicate with our customer base.
- Ability to stand and walk store consistently for up to 4 hours or more at a time.
- Ability to physically handle all merchandise purchased by customers to scan, bag and place back in the customers shopping cart.
- Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting and perform all functions as set for in the sales associate job description.
- Ability to restock all cash wraps area shelves with product and ability to clean and dust all shelves daily.