Springfield, MA (Corporate Office) • Director of Marketing and Advertising
The Director of Marketing and Advertising serves as a strategic thought collaborator and partner for the senior management team in building robust marketing and advertising plans that contribute to the achievement of strategic imperatives. This role will bring understanding of both Traditional and Digital Marketing skills and bring entrepreneurial and creative insights to develop solutions and products that captivate customers and meet profitable growth objectives. The Director will collaborate with Ace Hardware Corporation to align all new departmental and organizational solutions and product offerings to Rocky’s long-term vision and desired brand to maximize customer value and profitably. marketing strategy, drive brand engagement, and maintain retention of loyal guests. This highly motivated and creative professional should be able to quickly assimilate into the business, evaluate the current state, efficiently address opportunities for growth, and will be able to significantly impact the growth and success of the organization as it continues to evolve and expand.
- Develop strategic brand and product direction for a competitive advantage based upon consumer trends and needs to enhance Rocky’s position within the marketplace and the general public.
- Develop and oversee implementation of marketing and advertising strategy - including omni-channel strategy, campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR Support execution.
- Develop and oversee the marketing strategy of the company’s B2B, Online Retail (B2C).
- Conduct research in relevant industries, trends, competitive insights, and emerging technology.
- Provide analysis and assessment of results from marketing initiatives and quantify the impact marketing spend has on business results.
- Leverage data and analytics to drive insights, customer engagement, and make recommendations on proactive solutions and product growth.
- Rely on relevant data and analytics when making discerning recommendations and decisions.
- Responsible for consumer and market insights that will help inform annual operating plans.
- Provide clear decisions that contribute to strategic direction and financial alignment to support business development, operations, and marketing with the senior leadership team.
- Work closely with Ace Hardware Corporation and Rocky’s senior management team in contributing to multi-year innovation and new product pipeline while being nimble enough to launch new initiatives within six months if market conditions are favorable.
- Collaborates with the Vice President of Merchandising, Vice President of Operations, and Director of Human Resources to create sales and brand identity narratives that support workforce planning and product initiatives while ensuring Operations can deliver on value proposition(s).
- Lead and manage relationships with Ace Hardware Corporate, outside key product vendors, and marketing services to maximize advertising support and promotional opportunities.
- Proactively define omni-channel consumer view, strategic impact, and points of convergence ensuring the brand is seamlessly communicated across channels.
- Define digital and social brand strategies and programs and lead activation of all digital, social, and mobile brand programs across different media platforms.
- Collaborate with Ace Hardware Corporation while leading the Rocky’s Marketing team to develop marketing communications inclusive of social media platforms and customers’ marketing vehicles.
- Coordinate all creative/graphic development for print and digital media and the printing of all collateral materials.
- Represent the voice of the customer and market and serve as the public relations spokesperson and ensure articulation of Rocky’s desired image and position through consistent communication to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Manage charitable donations to align with organizational goals.
- Evaluate and leverage the Ace Rewards Club loyalty program.
- Manage the Rocky’s website and e-mail subscriber program.
Other responsibilities as assigned by the President.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. This description intends to describe the general nature and level of work performed and is not intended to include all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Seven to ten years of progressively expanding brand marketing, business development, market research, and/or strategy experience with a minimum of 5 years as a senior decision maker.
- A proven track record of brand development and marketing management experience with an emphasis on retail preferred.
- Hardware or other hard-goods industry marketing experience preferred.
- Experience in digital and interactive marketing, including ecommerce, and social media.
- Experience with mobile optimization and mobile first approach desired.
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with Salesforce cloud-based software desired.
- Moderate travel to trade shows, retail stores, and other events is required.
- Most trips will be during normal business hours with some requiring flight or overnight lodging.
Supervises the Marketing and Advertising Department.
- Office environment
- Customer sites
- Retailing environment
- Trade shows
The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Lifting at least 7 to 10 lbs. on a routine basis; lifting may exceed 20 lbs. in certain instances;
- Manual/intellectual dexterity; working with calculators, computers and phones.
- The ability to view paperwork and computer screen at close proximity.