Key Holder (South Hadley, MA) • Management Position • Reports To Store Manager
We are seeking a full-time Key Holder (40 hrs/week) to join our team!
As a Key Holder, enjoy a liberal store discount and join our 401K program!
The Key Holder is instrumental in the operations of our store and plays a key role in the absence of the store manager. Key Holders ensure the highest standards of customer service and direct those projects and responsibilities delegated by the Store Manager.
- Opening and closing the store in the absence of the store manager
- Safety and security, as assigned
- Overseeing the tasks assigned to store team
- Assist in the training of store team to ensure optimum performance and customer service
- Oversees store team in the absence of the store manager to ensure optimum performance and customer service
- Assists in inventory maintenance; general housekeeping
- Oversee receiving of merchandise, processing shipments and/or store stocking as well as management of cash & receivables in accordance with company procedures as assigned or in the absence of management
- Work with management team to achieve established sales and productivity goals
- Assisting in maintaining the good working condition of store equipment and fixtures
- Work with management to develop and execute ideas and activities to increase store traffic
- Ensure that end-caps, dump bins and feature displays are properly merchandised and maintained
- Set the example and consistently execute the highest standards relative to providing quality customer service to all Rocky’s customers
- Resolve customer complaints in a manner that is timely, courteous and discreet
- Authorize acceptance of checks, etc, in a manner that is consistent with company policy
- Work with the processing of weekly hot sheets and price adjustments ensuring store bin tagging completed in a timely manner
- Attend mandatory monthly store meetings
- Other responsibilities as assigned by store management
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
High School degree, some college preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a retail environment supervising others.
Must be able to read and interpret documents; speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Should be able to calculate figures and amounts and apply basic concepts of math.
Should be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; also be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must have knowledge of retail computer systems, electronic cash registers, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook. Knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce and Epicor Eagle a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
This job has supervisory responsibilities including overseeing the store team in the absence of the store manager to ensure optimum performance and customer service.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Flexible hours of availability are required due to the demands of the retail environment.
The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
- Lifting at least 7 to 10 lbs on a routine basis; lifting may exceed 40 lbs in certain instances;
- Bending, climbing and twisting are routine; the position requires the ability to retrieve, stock, and move product;
- Manual dexterity; working with cash registers and computers, assembly of some products; ability to quickly make appropriate change for customers
- The ability to see and read product labels, dispense product knowledge, and communicate with our customer base.
- Ability to stand and walk store consistently for up to 4 hours or more at a time.
- Ability to physically handle all merchandise purchased by customers to scan, bag and place back in the customers shopping cart.
- Ability to physically use a scanner to scan all merchandise and to use Point of Sale keyboard for all transactions.
- Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting and perform all functions as set for in the sales associate job description.
- Ability to restock all cash wraps area shelves with product and ability to clean and dust all shelves daily.