Worcester, MA • Associate Position • Reports To Store Manager
We are seeking a seasonal Stocking Associate to work days for 15-20 hours a week through the end of December!
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!!
The stocking associate position is responsible for stocking shelves, signing and moving merchandise.
- Perform stocking tasks in the store including such activities as moving merchandise and signing product
- Other responsibilities as assigned by store management.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
No experience or formal education required. Experience in a retail environment a plus.
Must be able to read and interpret documents; speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Should be able to calculate figures and amounts and apply basic concepts of math.
Should be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; also be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must have ability to process information and/or merchandise though a register system.
Certificates and Licenses:
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Flexible hours of availability are required due to the demands of the retail environment.
The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
- Lifting at least 7 to 15 lbs on a routine basis; lifting will exceed 40 lbs on a frequent basis;
- Bending, climbing and twisting are routine; the position requires the ability to retrieve, stock, and move product;
- Manual dexterity; working with cash registers and computers, assembly of some products; ability to quickly make appropriate change for customers
- The ability to see and read product labels, dispense product knowledge, and communicate with our customer base.
- Ability to stand and walk store consistently for up to 4 hours or more at a time.
- Ability to physically handle all merchandise purchased by customers to scan, bag and place back in the customers shopping cart.
- Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting and perform all functions as set for in the sales associate job description.
- Ability to restock all cash wraps area shelves with product and ability to clean and dust all shelves daily.