Greenville, RI • Associate Position • Reports To Store Manager
This small engine repair technician position is responsible for providing helpful customer service as well as diagnosing and repairing equipment with accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to combine amazing customer service with strong equipment repair skills
- Ability to diagnose equipment and determine parts required for repair
- Accurately and efficiently complete the repair
- Ability to repair rental equipment accurately and efficiently
- Perform blade sharpening
- Answer shop phone calls
- Ensure each customer receives amazing service which follows the Helpful Customer Service behaviors and mystery shop standards
- Attend mandatory monthly store meetings
- Other responsibilities as assigned by store management.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
No formal education required. Experience in a retail environment a plus. Knowledge of Husqvarna equipment repair a plus!
Must be able to read and interpret documents; speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Should be able to calculate figures and amounts and apply basic concepts of math.
Should be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; also be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must have ability to process information and/or merchandise though a register system. Must have knowledge of retail computer systems, electronic cash registers and Microsoft Word. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Epicor Eagle a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Flexible hours of availability are required due to the demands of the retail environment.
The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
- Lifting at least 7 to 15 lbs on a routine basis; lifting 20 lbs or more in many instances;
- Bending, climbing, stooping and twisting are routine; the position requires the ability to retrieve, stock, and move product as well as machinery;
- Manual dexterity; working with tools and parts, assembly of equipment;
- The ability to see and read product labels and work order instructions, dispense repair knowledge, and communicate with our customer base;
- Ability to stand and walk consistently for up to 4 hours or more at a time;
- Ability to physically handle all equipment;
- Handle and move equipment into, out of and throughout machine shop, which entails lifting and pushing.