Canton, MA • Management Position • Reports To District Manager
We are seeking a Store Manager at our Canton, MA Store!
As a member of management, you'll enjoy the benefits of:
- Work/Life balance with store closing of 8pm at the latest
- 401K employer match
- Liberal store discount
- Company paid 20K Basic Life
- Company paid 20K AD&D
- Company paid LTD coverage
This position is responsible for the daily retail operations & merchandising of the store including assigning and overseeing the completion of tasks and responsibilities delegated to the store team. This position will insure that all team members are delivering Helpful Customer Service to every customer.
- Analyze changes that affect the store’s operation and goals. Make necessary changes and adjustments to meet and or beat expectations.
- Direct the retail operations of the store within company guidelines
- Establish department and store sales goals
- Overall responsibility for store safety and security. Safeguarding both assets and consistently working toward and maintaining a safe environment for customers and employees
- Oversee payroll to ensure store meets goals.
- Report maintenance and safety issues as they arise.
- Maintain an accurate inventory, with minimal shrink.
- Hire and train employees to insure maximum efficiency and productivity in all departments
- Train employees to develop and maximize their talents
- Supervision of Assistant Store Manager(s) and Key Holder(s)
- Supervise store team to insure optimum performance and customer service
- Oversee scheduling of all departments and staff, promotions, transfers and terminations as needed
- Oversee vacations, holiday and sick leave schedules
- Resolve employee conflicts, report any harassment, EEO, or other discrimination issues to DM and HR immediately
- Schedule and Conduct monthly store meetings
- Complete annual performance reviews for store team in a timely and accurate manner
- Work with Merchandising team regarding price and margin maintenance and current price inventory levels
- Create in store traffic building campaigns
- Adjust personnel and inventory as needed to prepare for advertising and promotional campaigns
- Oversee inventory shipment and receiving
- Supervise merchandise displays for maximum sales efficiency
- Maintain store appearance and equipment to insure maximum sales efficiency
- Oversee all daily and weekly company checklists (daily opening and closing, game changers, weekly safety checklists, and forklift safety checklists) to ensure they are completed.
- Maintain good contact with suppliers as needed
- Resolve customer claims and complaints in a manner that is timely, courteous and discreet
- Authorize refunds in a manner that is consistent with company policy
- Work with the processing of weekly hot sheets and price adjustments ensuring store bin tagging completed in a timely manner
- Attend management and training meeting and conventions as needed
- Participate in local civic affairs
- Delegate maintenance of defective merchandise claims
- Maintain safe opening and closing procedures
- Other responsibilities as assigned by District Manager.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated success supervising others in a retail environment and contributing to sales volume including, but not limited to personal salesmanship and “soft” suggestive selling.
Must be able to read and interpret documents; speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Should be able to calculate figures and amounts and apply basic concepts of math.
Should be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; also be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must possess, analytical skills including the ability to interpret and utilize information from P&Ls and other business reports.
Must have knowledge of retail computer systems, electronic cash registers, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook. Knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce and Epicor Eagle a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
This job has supervisory responsibilities over the entire store team.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Flexible hours of availability are required due to the demands of the retail environment.
Physical Demands:The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
- Lifting at least 7 to 10 lbs on a routine basis; lifting may exceed 40 lbs in certain instances;
- Bending, climbing and twisting are routine; the position requires the ability to retrieve, stock, and move product;
- Manual dexterity; working with cash registers and computers, assembly of some products; ability to quickly make appropriate change for customers
- The ability to see and read product labels, dispense product knowledge, and communicate with our customer base.
- Ability to stand and walk store consistently for up to 4 hours or more at a time.
- Ability to physically use a scanner to scan all merchandise and to use Point of Sale keyboard and computer keyboard for all transactions.
- Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store