(Entry Level, Island Pond Road, Springfield, MA)
The Merchandising Analyst(s) plays an extremely vital role within the Merchandising Department by supporting the merchants with the timely, meaningful, and accurate information that is a prerequisite for intelligent decision making. The Merchandising Analysts(s) also helps develop and produce sales information and aids in the distribution of goods to the stores.
- Function in a manner that is consistent with the Rocky’s Ace Hardware’s way of doing business. It is of paramount importance that the Merchandising Analyst upholds the principles of honesty, integrity and fairness when interacting with employees, suppliers, and customers
- Obtain and maintain a complete understanding of merchandise and classification performance. Understand the merchandising direction, advertising plans, etc.in order to assist the Buyers and Directors to make intelligent planning decisions
- Create reports as requested by the merchandising team with appropriate synopsis and supporting schedules. Weekly Written, Class Analysis by Store, Advertised Merchandise
- Become fluent in Microsoft Excel, the Epicor ERP system, and other data reporting methods to assist the Category Managers and Directors with analyzing the assortments and creating presentations as needed.
- Work with the Category Managers to manage the life cycle of product that includes new product launches, Visual Merchandising and exit strategies (becoming fluent in inventory tracking/management)
- Foster positive relationships between the department and the other departments within Bob’s Discount Furniture (timely responsiveness, etc.)
- Keep Share Point updated with current photos, tags, product information pages, etc.
- Communicate all merchandising announcements in a timely, consistent, and concise manner.
- Reviewing requisition requests, prepare purchase orders and solicit bids for goods and services.
- Analyzing financial reports, price proposals and other financial data to determine reasonable prices for goods and services.
- Balancing cost and quality to procure the best quality of goods or services for the lowest price in adequate amounts.
- Supports the retail locations with ensuring the proper inventory levels and on time deliveries.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Solid knowledge of all applicable lines and accessories
- Full understanding and competence on ERP systems, Epicor, and other applicable tools
- Full understanding and competence on Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word
- Good interpersonal and human relations skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use sound judgment and decision making
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Excellent mathematical reasoning – The ability to understand and analyze sales numbers
- Ability to express thoughts using grammatically correct sentence structure in either verbal or written forms
- Skilled reading comprehension skills – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Good coordination skills – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions
- Good problem identification skills – Identifying the nature of problems
- Good time management skills
- Ability to use critical thinking – Using logic and analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches
- Good identification of key causes – Identifying the causal factors that must be changed to achieve a goal
College degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a retail environment helpful.
Must be able to read and interpret documents; speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Excellent mathematical reasoning – The ability to understand and analyze sales numbers.
Should be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; also, be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must have ability
Certificates and Licenses:
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Springfield, MA 01118: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)