When the temperature drops, it’s a common feeling that you’d rather be warm at home than out venturing in the cold. Surprisingly, these chilly winter days provide an opportunity to get a jump start on your summer projects. If you’ve got an interior paint job, winter is the perfect time to get it done. You might be surprised by the benefits that come with painting in the winter time.
A Haven For Do-It-Yourselfers
Days trapped indoors can be a project haven for do-it-yourselfers, who’d rather roll up their sleeves than rely on a professional. Perhaps there’s a wall or two in your home that is in need of a fresh coat of paint. With a quick trip to The Paint Studio at your local Rocky’s Ace Hardware, our paint professionals will equip even non-experienced DIY-ers with the tools to successfully tackle the task at hand.
More Money In Your Pocket
Winter is traditionally a slow time for painting contractors. As a result, if you’re looking for a deal on a project, painting contractors are likely to give you a much better bid for an interior painting job during the winter months than during the busy summer months.
Time Is Of The Essence
Normally, exterior paint jobs run on a clock that starts when the sun comes up and ends when the sun goes down. But, even if the sun goes down at four in the afternoon, you can have a painter work from nine to five with no problem since you’re indoors. This gives you the flexibility to get the job done and ensures you can get it done quickly.
In The Air Tonight
While the summer may have its benefits, the humidity in the air slows down the paint drying process. This issue delays the paint job, adds time to tasks and generally makes interior painting a bit more expensive than normal. In the winter, with just a small crack of the window, these problems aren’t as prevalent.
One of the final advantages that comes with conducting interior paint projects in the winter is you’ll have more time and money this summer to focus on other jobs. Now that your painting is out of the way, you can work on projects that are best done in warm weather.
Choosing From An Endless Selection
Selecting the right paint color for your project can be a difficult decision with so many tints to choose from. The professionals from The Paint Studio at Rocky’s share the six steps to choosing the perfect paint color:
- Identify Your Goals – Define your goals before collecting paint swatches. Consider who’s going to use the room, what look you’re trying to achieve and how much use the room will receive.
- Develop a Design – Based on your goals, create a design plan or mood board. Pick three to five words that describe your ideal room. Your keywords can direct you toward a suitable color scheme.
- Gather Inspiration – Start gathering design ideas. Think about colors that capture a certain mood or complement accent pieces that you own.
- Build a Color Palette – To create a room that has a polished appearance, pick one main color and two accent tones for the trim and accessories. Make sure that your new paint color goes well with your existing items.
- Collect Paint Chips – Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, pick a handful of paint swatches at your local Rocky’s Ace Hardware. Don’t limit yourself too much. Choose several hues so you can get a better idea of which colors look best in the room you’re painting.
- Pick Paint Samples – Finally, pick up paint samples for three to five of your favorite colors. Paint a section of the wall, or use poster board. Paints look different during the day and at night. Rocky’s offers low-cost paint samples so you can try colors at home before you commit to painting a whole room.
This winter, don’t just stare at the walls, make them more colorful with interior painting! Looking for a hard-to-find color or to match an existing color in your home décor? Just bring a sample to your local Rocky’s Ace Hardware and our paint technicians will create a custom tint to match.