Ace Hardware has raised over $42 million to support Children's Miracle Network since 1991 and local Rocky's Ace Hardware stores have contributed to local Children's Miracle Network hospitals through point-of-sale donation programs.
For the past four years the Ace Foundation has partnered with Stanley® Tools to go "Racing for a Miracle." The initiative is an in-store point-of-sale fundraising program designed to raise money for local Children's Miracle Network-affiliated hospitals. Since 2006, the Racing for a Miracle program has generated over a half million dollars one dollar at a time.
Every dollar raised locally stays local to help kids in the community your Rocky's Ace Hardware store serves.
The Children′s Miracle Network is an alliance of premier children′s hospitals. Every year, Children′s Miracle Network hospitals treat 17 million children for every disease and injury imaginable — from asthma and broken bones to cancer, heart defects, pediatric AIDS, muscular dystrophy and serious injuries. These hospitals impact the lives of more children than any other children′s organization in the world by providing state-of-the-art care, lifesaving research and preventative education.
The Children′s Miracle Network hospitals:
- Provide $2.5 billion in charity (uncompensated) care each year
- Treat 98% of all children needing heart or lung transplants
- Treat 88% of all children with cancer
- Treat 76% of all children with cystic fibrosis
- Treat 90% of all children with sickle cell anemia
- Treat 72% of all children with pediatric AIDS
- Devote 60% of their services to children under age six and 25% to newborns
- Train 60% of pediatricians and 80% of all pediatric specialists
- Educate families about issues like child safety seats, helmet safety and bike safety
To learn more about the Children′s Miracle Network, visit http://www.childrensmiraclenetwork.org/ or stop by your local Rocky′s to see how you can support the Children′s Miracle Network hospital in your community.